School Fees, Payment and Admission Policies – Adapted for Pandemic Environment
The following are general policies related to admission to the school. Any deviation from these procedures must be requested in writing and be approved by the Senior Manager.
- Current students have the right to continue in the school, provided they have completed the registration process by July 19th
- The student must pass the year in order to be promoted to the next grade in a manner and at a time prescribed by the Ministry of Education: otherwise they must repeat the grade. If they fail a second time they will have to leave the school.
- END OF YEAR ‘PASSES’ for International Students – Such students are only required to pass in the subjects delivered in the English Language, but may participate in as many non-English courses as is seen fit due to their personal needs.
- Students who have left the school more than one year previously, then wish to be re-admitted are subject to an interview and assessment procedure. If offered a place they will be treated as new students for fee schedules.
- New students who have siblings in the school may be given priority over other applicants, provided they register before the end of June.
- Any student may have their name put on the waiting list at any time of year for admission the subsequent September upon payment of a small administrative fee. THIS DOES NOT GUARANTEE A PLACE.
- The Payment date of the transaction is determined to be the day the bank confirmation is handed to the school office and stamped, and NOT the day the money is paid into the bank.
SPECIAL PANDEMIC ARRANGEMENTS
- Any fee transactions for the coming year that are paid into the bank and receipts handed in and stamped BEFORE JULY 31st will be charged at the previous year’s rate. In the event of normal operations not being operative at any time during the year, vouchers will be offered in compensation, to be spent within the next 12 month period.
- All parents must complete a Parental Questionnaire as part of the registration procedure.
- Due to uncertainty of the academic start date, parents may be subject to range of learning options, at a range of prices, agreed by the management, educators, and parents from 10th September onwards. These possible arrangements will be agreed by 19th July, and verified on 1st Any over-payments will be compensated at an agreed rate by means of a voucher system, to be redeemed in a period 12 months following its issue.
- Parents who still have fees outstanding from the 2019-20 academic year may not register their students for the 2020-21 year unless they have signed a special agreement form with the school, specifying the payment arrangements to be made to cover all payments from both the 2019-20 year and the 2020-21 Year, including possible penalties.
Admission procedures vary according to the nationality of the parent, the mother tongue of the family, the location of the previous school (if any) together with any special identifiable need.
Interested parties should contact:
Ato Tsegaye on 0910 989844 or Ms Yerusalem on 0924 597954
Or contact us using our contact form.
Children may be admitted to the nursery section by negotiation with the Head of KG and the parent. The application form must be signed by the parent, the KG Head and the Branch Director. Applications may be accepted at any time of the year, and places may be filled accordingly.
The child must be at least 3 years 6 months of age and out of nappies.
Kindergarten (Pre KG – KG - Upper KG)
Children may be admitted to the KG section following a meeting with the Parent accompanied by the child. The application form must have the agreement of the Head of KG and the Branch Director. Places may be offered for children to start at the beginning of a Semester.
If a child is on the waiting list, and someone leaves the school, the Head of KG has the discretion to offer the place to children on the waiting list of appropriate age IN ORDER, but with siblings given priority.
The lowest age for admission is 4 years.
GRADES 1 - 4
There are very few admissions at this stage, but it is possible to place a child on the waiting list. However, the child must satisfy the Head of Section that he/she has attained a level equivalent to those in our school.
It may mean that we will insist on the child going through an induction course BEFORE official admission.
Expatriate children, together with children with special needs might be subject to extra tuition (and hence extra charges) in order to cater for any linguistic, social or disability problems. These must be agreed and specified BEFORE admission.
Ethiopian students must have started the school year by 1st October and attended for over 95% of the year to be considered for completion.
Expatriate students may be admitted at any time of the year, and also receive a leaving letter at any time of the year, specifying attendance and performance but not necessarily Grade completed.
GRADES 5 - 7
No Ethiopian students are admitted to these grades without evidence that they have completed the previous grade with a high level of success.
Ethiopian students from deserving backgrounds may be admitted here through the scholarship programme which is offered to local government schools. This includes participation in a 4 week summer school followed by Examination. Please ask for more details.
In-coming expatriate children MAY be accepted in response to a needs analysis and an agreed on-going IEP (Individual Education Programme)
No Ethiopian students may be admitted here, unless they have completed Grade Seven in another federal region.
GRADE 9 - 10
Under development . Contact Mr Solomon for latest information.
FEE SCHEDULE FOR valid for YEAR 2020-21 for the all payments made before 31stJuly ONLY
ALL STUDENTS are expected to pay a Booking Fee of 1000 birr as soon as possible in order to set your registration process off. You will be given an appointment to meet with an educational professional in order to complete the registration process which is more complex than usual, due to the Pandemic situation. This fee will be given back once the registration is completed and signed.
|New students||3000 birr|
|New students with current siblings||2000 birr|
|Current students||1000 birr|
Monthly fee 10 months to be paid by the 20th day of the Month – September to June
EARLY BIRD TUITION PAYMENTS ARE SET AT THE 2019-2020 RATE IF SETTLED BEFORE 31st JULY 2020
|Nusery||1500 birr||7500 birr||15000 birr|
|Kindergarten||1450 birr||7250 birr||14500 birr|
|Grades 1-8||1500 birr||7500 birr||15000 birr|
|Grades 9-10||To be agreed||To be agreed||To be agreed|
FOR Payments AFTER August onwards the fees will be as follows:
|Nusery||1600 birr||8000 birr||16,000 birr|
|Kindergarten||1550 birr||7750 birr||15,500 birr|
|Grades 1-8||1600 birr||8000 birr||16,000 birr|
|Grades 9-10||To be agreed||To be agreed||To be agreed|
Penalty for late payment after 20TH DAY OF THE MONTH – 50 birr
Useful Downloads for Parents
Here you can download a copy of the above Registration Information and also the Parental Agreement document that you will need to complete as part of the registration process: